Before choosing the model of the house to build, a new customer should be aware of the conditions set by
MSJ internal rules (available in French for now), so that a new property is well integrated in MSJ.
You will see that all constructions in MSJ should follow a set of rules, such as maximum height, max/min height / floor, construction materials, minimum distance house-lot limits, to name a few.
If you have difficulties with understanding the document named above, please contact us.
MSJ has three distinct zones: A - ocean side, B - middle, C - highway side.
If you don't own a lot yet in MSJ and you would like to buy one, then you could access our Buy a lot in MSJ page, where you could see the MSJ layout, what lots are available, prices, etc.
To choose a model for a house to build, some esential factors are to be considered, such as:
- Houses already built by the immediate neghbours, if the case. If you know and see the houses already built, you might want to adapt your house design in function of the adjacent houses and their windows, doors, terraces, etc.
- The geometry of the lot were the house will be built.
It is not about the surface only.
It is about of the lengths of all sides of the lot and also the angles between them.
In MSJ many of the lots available are not rectangles, therefore beyond the surface and the lengths of all sides, one needs at least one angle between two adjacent sides. With the length of all 4 sides and an angle the other angles are determined and you have a fully defined geometry of your lot to work with. Full information about a lot could be obtained from MSJ.
- The minimum distances house-lot limits should be taken in consideration:
- At the ground floor level, the minimum distance from the house to the lot limits (as per MSJ internal rules) is as follows:
- From the front of the house (where the main entrance is): 2 m;
- From the back of the house (opposite to the main entrance): 2 m;
- Lateral: 1 m; This minimum distance of 1 m becomes 2 m if the neighbour is a street instead of a house.
- At the first floor level, the minimum distance from the house to the lot limits (as per MSJ internal rules) is as follows:
- From the front of the house (where the main entrance is): 0 m;
- From the back of the house (opposite to the main entrance is): 3 m;
- Lateral: 0.5 m; This minimum distance of 0.5 m becomes 1.5 m if the neighbour is a street instead of a house.
- About minimum distances above, some exceptions could occur (commercial lots, special situations, etc.).
Therefore, if you plan to use the maximum surface to build, we suggest to have a drawing of your lot containing the maximum surface where a house could be built and to submit it to MSJ for approval.
We could make this drawing and get it approved for you.
- Another very important factor to consider when deciding a house design, is the dominant wind direction and cardinal points in reference to your lot.
- By default, all bathrooms, kitchen should be positionned so that the wind will push out the smell, not in the whole house.
Thus, knowing the wind dominant direction in reference to your lot, you will better decide which side of the house will be the bathrooms and the kitchen so that the smell is pushed out of the house, naturally.
- And/or maybe you don't want to have the sunrise (or the sunset) in your bedroom window.
- To note here is that we install by default a hood in the kitchen and exaust fans in the bathrooms.
- Related to your lot orientation, Manabi Villas offers to all its clients
and potential clients a special service (an example): Custom_Meteo .
Each of our clients or potential clients could have a private page with their Custom Meteo.
The access to it will be via our private zone + personal simple code.
If you have doubts about investing in a lot in MSJ and/or building a house,
you should know that your investment is
Once you decide to build with us a turnkey house in MSJ (or elsewhere in Manabi),
we will provide to you a complete service as per the following main items:
- All construction documentation, including:
- Complete set of drawings architectural-structural-electric-sanitary.
- Detailed construction schedule with milestones.
- Milestone summary.
- Virtual photos (exterior only).
- All these documents should first be approved by you as the customer.
- Then we will obtain the certificate of conformity of Mirador San José.
- We will obtain building permits from the city.
- Location of your land, by satellite coordinates.
- Connection to the 4 basic services: Electricity - Water - Sewer - fibre optics.
- Complete construction of your villa, A/C included in bedrooms and in the living/dining room. If no A/C desired, then we give discount.
- Basic Landscaping.
- Pedestrian walkway in interlock or plain or reinforced concrete; just for the access.
- Weekly sending of photos of work progress; Videos upon request every two weeks.
- Inspection under construction.
- Final inspection report, by independent company, before delivery to the customer.
- Every client will have access to a confidential collection of documents, photos, videos, etc. in our private zone of our secured website.
As per our Quality Assurance System, we will maintain a complete updated set of documents (drawings, schedules, etc.) that describe all the project, in detail, in all its stages.
Nobody else will access this collection besides the client (and his designates) and our specialists.
This collection is designed to be easily downloaded, anytime, in personal folders and/or to be easily accessed directly on any device (computer, Ipad, Iphone, Android, etc.) able to go on line.
This resource as described above is part of our Digital Strategy which allows us to work faster, more precise, and to control better all the documents and information; all of these for a better quality of what we do and to fully satisfy our clientele.
- During the construction project, we will offer free hosting for three weeks in one of our new (2016) houses (6 guests max.), presented HERE .
This provision of three weeks could be split in max. 3 periods.
We could offer hosting for very competitive prices in the same house, to a potential client interested in a project in MSJ.
If a contract is signed with us, then we will credit the hosting fees for one week for this trip.
That could make a maximum of 4 weeks of free hosting, split in max. 4 periods.
More details about how the project will progress, milestones, etc. are found in CONTRACT>>CONTRACT DOCUMENTS section and CONTRACT>>PROJECT MANAGEMENT page.
click to go to top